Saturday, May 05, 2007

Drypool does it again

Well after what must be one of the longest election campaigns in the city i lost the Drypool Council seat late on Thursday night. It is now some years since a sitting councillor was able to hold the seat most recent councillor only able to manage one term in office.

The election campaign as always was huge fun very tiring but finally disappointing. I must thank everyone who helped with the campaign especially Jill my wife who has had to put up with the ups and downs of months of leafleting telephones and of course mountains of paperwork stacked all over the house.
My agent Bobby organised a wonderful campaign and managed to organise huge amounts of help in the ward from the university Labour Club. Oh and he really did try to kill me near the end of the campaign.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Bobby fought a brilliant campaign and when I campaigned for you on the doorstep it was clear to see that people recognised you'd been a great councillor. There's no excuse for the Lib Dems now. They've got the majority and the people of Hull will be able to judge them by their actions and inaction! So take heart from the fact it's only 363 days until the next local election and that we'll be behind you all the way.

Darlington Councillor said...

Hi Gary.

I was sorry to see that you'd lost - I've really enjoyed your posts, particularly on the FibDems. They've inspired a series of posts on my own blog.

Trust you'll keep on blogging.

Best wishes,

Nick.